H2OO SEAL 2020 Special Ops
NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Summit for Empowerment, Action and Leadership
June 24th thru August 6th
Need-based scholarships, full and partial, are being offered to youth while funds last and who meet the following criteria:
I. Full application to include:
(1) Online application here (below) prepared by parent(s) or legal guardian; and
(2) A recommendation from a teacher or principal or community leader who can express how the candidate has shown leadership qualities or potential in environmental protection, sent via email to Emily.Berglund@heirstoouroceans.org with Subject Line reading: “Recommendation for candidate’s name”; and
(3) A photo of candidate (head shot or relevant, meaningful action shot; as jpg or png with images at least 1024 pixels tall) and a brief one-page explanation written by the applicant as to why they believe they are a good candidate to receive a full or partial scholarship. The photo and explanation should be emailed to Emily.Berglund@heirstoouroceans.org with Subject Line reading: “From candidate’s name for SEAL scholarship”.
II. Willing to commit to:
(1) Furthering leadership skills through the duration of SEAL; and
(2) Returning to their communities after SEAL as an Heir, to start an Heirs To Our Oceans chapter or be a leader in a chapter, to be a part of the H2OO global movement, to be active in protecting water in their communities, and to stay connected with fellow Heirs globally.